Saturday, July 12, 2014

Venus


Well of COURSE I had to choose Venus, come on now -- I'm in love!  Well, you know.  As much love as I can be in at this stage of the relationship.  And that picture, with all the red, is also very fitting.  Happy full moon today...and happy moon day to me, as well.  I don't resent my period but it does have some inconvenient timing.  Ramiro is coming today!

I am so, so, so, SO manic right now.  Yesterday, I just could not stop cleaning.  My body wanted to sit down but my mind wouldn't allow it.  I kept seeing a spot that needed to be wiped, a sock that needed to be picked up, a closet that needed to be reorganized.  I don't have a vacuum and I was even on my hands and knees picking up little particles from my carpet.  Yeah.  THAT crazy.  

After I was satisfied with the results of my cleaning frenzy, I moved on to a cooking extravaganza.  I made biscuits, so I could cook biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  I made shortcakes and strawberry sauce for strawberry shortcake.  (PS, although I DID use the Jiffy boxed mix, I substituted agave syrup for sugar, coconut oil for shortening, and coconut milk for dairy milk)  I sliced up strawberries for a strawberry feta spinach salad I'm making and made my own salad dressing -- hemp seed oil, red wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and agave syrup.  I made some dipping oil for the french bread I bought -- some garlic, some lemon juice, some italian spices, some olive oil.  Then, the piece de resistance, I assembled a pan of stuffed shells so they will be ready to bake tonight.  

Here's the menu: tonight, stuffed shells with french bread and dipping oil and strawberry feta spinach salad.  Breakfast, biscuits and gravy.  Lunch, turkey provolone mini-subs with watermelon slices and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  Dinner, lemon thyme chicken with broccoli and maple glazed sweet potatoes.  Then, if he's still here for breakfast Monday morning, I'll do pancakes with blueberry sauce.  I ROCK!!!  Sometimes I wish I could be manic all the time.  :)

I'm going to miss the full moon ritual with the sister circle tonight, but I'm planning on going to the book club meeting tomorrow night.  I guess Ramiro can decide whether he wants to hang out here and wait for me to come back, or just go home before I leave.  I finished Chapter 5, which blew me away about love, but came at precisely the right time.  Chapter 6 is about finding your tribe, which is another issue near and dear to my heart.

I got my new tarot deck and it feels good so far.  I'm going to go  through it, card by card, meditating and journaling on each card every day.  I'll probably set up a separate blog for that.  I read on Mystic Mama that this full moon will have a big push to follow your calling.  

A peak of the Capricorn instinct, with the Full Moon, spins around themes of life’s work and/or calling.

And that we have been working hard and pushing against resistance for the last 6 months (the whole time I've worked at Charter) but now

After six long months, we wish to squirm out from under Capricorn’s stern and melancholy thumb. Whatever your prison, you are gearing up for a daring jailbreak.

I keep getting the Temperance card in readings about my relationship with Ramiro.  I think that this time I'll take a different approach, a more balanced one.  I'll be mindful to make sure my energy is evenly distributed throughout the various aspects of my life, I'll make a priority to keep everything in balance, and I'll establish harmony with my work, family, and romantic lives.  It can work.  It WILL work.  It is my intention, and so it will be.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment